Analyzing your home's needs begins with a consultation by a RetroFit, BPI-certified professional (Building Performance Institute). We provide three levels of analysis and recommendation:
- A free visual inspection of all the home's components,
- An analysis using a blower door test ($200), or
- Our most complete analysis using both a blower door & an infrared camera ($425)
Our BPI-certified professionals will utilize blower door testing and/or infrared scanning to locate insulation and air sealing defects in your structure's walls, ceilings, and floors. Our detailed analysis and recommendations will pinpoint problem areas and offer affordable solutions to repair and insulate your home or business.
Energy audit with blower door testing
All three assessments are designed to inspect and identify the following:
- Building envelope integrity.
- Air leaks in the attic, ceiling, exterior walls, windows & doors.
- Missing or insufficient insulation.
- Leaking duct work.
- Any unsafe gas leaks from your combustible appliances.
- Basement and crawlspace performance.
- Ventilation check and sizing.
- Moisture check on building foundation, basement, crawlspace and in attic.
Call RetroFit Insulation for expert residential or commercial energy audits throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Maine.
Infrared image identifies missing ceiling insulation
Digital image of same ceiling doesn't reveal any problems